Become a Vendor
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Fishers Farmers’ Market vendor. The Fishers Farmers’ Market is proud to serve as a small business incubator for the many wonderful farms, nurseries, bakeries, meat and egg growers, and specialty food producers Central Indiana has to offer. We strive to create a diverse marketplace with a wide variety of the highest quality locally-produced products available.
The summer 2019 market will take place every Saturday from May 4, 2019 through October 26, 2019 from 8 am to noon at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater.
Applications for the 2019 Summer Fishers Farmers’ Market are now open and will be accepted through Friday, February 15.
Average attendance at our market in 2018 was:
- May – 2,768
- June – 3,153
- July – 3,839
- August – 4,052
- September – 3,842
What Our Vendors are Saying
Following the 2018 summer market, our vendors reported that:
- 91% were satisfied or very satisfied with the Fishers Farmers' Market
- 46% realized gross sales higher or much Higher than the previous market
- 100% would recommend the Fishers Farmers' Market to other vendors
How to Apply
Step 1 – See If You Qualify
The Fishers Farmers' Market is strictly a food and farms marketplace. We are interested in showcasing locally grown, raised, sourced, and produced products. We do not accept vendors of arts/crafts, services, or merchandise of any kind.
All products sold at the Fishers Farmers' Market must be grown, raised, or made in Indiana by the vendor (unless otherwise noted in the Vendor Handbook). Vendors at the Fishers Farmers' Market must reside in Indiana.
Businesses wishing to become a vendor for the sole purpose of promoting their products or services are not eligible. Please see the Information Tabling page to learn about informational tabling opportunities adjacent to the farmers market site.
The Fishers Farmers' Market does NOT accept the following items:
- Arts/crafts, services, or merchandise;
- Dietary supplements, CBD products, vitamins, etc.;
- Food items not grown, produced, and/or processed by the vendor;
- Non-food items unless grown and processed by the producer (flowers, soap, lotion, beeswax candles);
- Any product not produced in Indiana (unless an approved Specialty Food);
- Beverages not produced by vendor business (such as canned soda or juice, energy drinks);
- Carnival foods such as: corn dogs, cotton candy, candy apples, funnel cake, kettle corn, toffee, taffy, lemon shake-ups, etc.;
- Nationally/internationally distributed products (defined as distribution to 10 or more states);
- Farmed salmon or salmon products (must be wild-caught);
- Products from businesses that operate under a franchise agreement.
Step 2 – Learn the Market Rules & Regulations
Please read our 2019 Vendor Handbook carefully to learn more about the Fishers Farmers' Market and the requirements and expectations for vendors participating in our market.
Note our new Sustainability Initiative for 2019 focused on reducing waste from single-use plastic shopping bags. Vendors will not be allowed to distribute new single-use plastic bags with handles for customer purchases.
Vendor fees for 2019:
- Full-time: $200 per 10’ x 10’ vendor space for the season
- Half-time (1st/3rd or 2nd/4th Saturdays): $100 per 10’ x 10’ vendor space for the season
- Once a month: $60 per 10’ x 10’ vendor space for the season
- Daily booth fee for Substitute Vendors fee is $25 per 10’ x 10’ vendor space.
Step 3 - Complete the Online Application
Submit an application here. All prospective vendors must submit a completed application, even if they have been a vendor at the Fishers Farmers' Market in the past.
Applicants must list each product they wish to sell at their booth during the market season on their application. Products not listed on the application may not be sold at the market without pre-approval from the Market Manager. A vendor may not necessarily be approved to sell all types of products for which they apply.
Vendor applications must be received by February 15, 2019. Vendors whose applications are received after the closing date may be placed on the Substitute Vendor list.
Step 4 - Application Review & Vendor Selection
The Fishers Farmers' Market is fortunate to have returning vendors who come year after year. Consideration will be given to those vendors with seniority. Highest priority will be given to farmers, growers, and producers.
All vendors must be approved before they are admitted to sell at the Fishers Farmers' Market. Vendors are not selected on a first-come first-served basis. Vendor selection criteria are designed to keep the market fresh, interesting for customers, and profitable for vendors. The Fishers Farmers' Market does not offer exclusivity for any vendor, company, brand, or products sold.
The Fishers Farmers Market strives to be an accelerator for local food entrepreneurs to grow new businesses. It is not our intent to penalize concession and/or prepared food vendors for being successful, but our goal is to provide opportunities and support for emerging food producers rather than larger, well-established businesses. The reality is that some food businesses are simply too big for the farmers market. We generally do not approve vendors with more than one brick-and-mortar (retail) location and prefer to provide market space to vendors who do not have retail stores.
Other vendor selection criteria include:
- History with the Fishers Farmers' Market including but not limited to: adherence to market rules and regulations; number of years participated in the market; weekly market attendance/tardiness record; and payment of fees.
- History of Health Department violations.
- Enhancement of overall product mix at the market without creating excessive supply of any one product as determined by the Market Manager and selection committee.
- Quality of products for sale by vendor as well as attractiveness and presentation of products/displays at vendor’s booth.
- For prepared foods, we prefer vendors who prepare their products in a commercial kitchen over home-based vendors, to better ensure the health and safety of our customers.
Selected vendors will receive confirmation of the dates for which they are approved and request for payment of the booth fee. Payment is due when the vendor is approved (please do not send payment with application).
Step 5 - Vendor Meeting
All vendors are required to attend the vendor meeting before the start of market season. The vendor meeting is typically held in late March or early April and multiple meeting dates/times will be offered. During the meeting, vendors will meet Fishers Farmers' Market staff members, review the rules and regulations provided in the Vendor Handbook, and have the opportunity to ask questions about the market.