Become a Vendor
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Fishers Farmers Market vendor. The Fishers Farmers Market is proud to serve as a small business accelerator for the many wonderful farms, nurseries, bakeries, meat and egg growers, and specialty food producers Central Indiana has to offer.
We strive to create a diverse marketplace with a wide variety of the highest quality locally produced products available.
Interested in Applying to Become a Vendor?
Saturdays May 2 – October 31, 2020
8 a.m. – noon | NPD AMP
Applications will be accepted for the 2020 peak season Fishers Farmers' Market in January 2020. Email the Market Manager to get a notification when the application is available.
Please note: The Fishers Farmers Market does not accept the following items:
- Arts/crafts, services, or merchandise;
- Dietary supplements, vitamins, herbals and botanicals, etc.;
- Food items not grown, produced, and/or processed by the vendor;
- Non-food items unless grown and processed by the producer (flowers, soap, lotion, beeswax candles);
- Products from Home-Based Vendors (HBV); all new vendors must prepare their products in a permitted commercial kitchen to better ensure the health and safety of our customers.
- Any product not produced in Indiana (unless an approved Specialty Food);
- Beverages not produced by vendor business (such as canned soda or juice, energy drinks);
- Carnival foods such as: corn dogs, hot dogs, cotton candy, candy apples, funnel cake, kettle corn, toffee, taffy, lemon shake-ups, etc. unless grown and processed by the producer;
- Nationally/internationally distributed products (defined as distribution to 10 or more states);
- Farmed salmon or salmon products (must be wild-caught);
- Products from businesses that operate under a franchise agreement.
The Fishers Farmers' Market strives to be an accelerator for local food entrepreneurs grow new businesses. It is not our intent to penalize concession and/or prepared food vendors for being successful, but our goal is to provide opportunities and support for emerging food producers rather than larger, well-established businesses.
The reality is that some food businesses are simply too big for the farmers' market. We generally do not approve vendors with more than one brick-and-mortar (retail) location and prefer to provide market space to vendors who do not have retail stores.
Other vendor selection criteria include:
- History with the Fishers Farmers Market including but not limited to: adherence to market rules and regulations; number of years participated in the market; weekly market attendance/tardiness record; and payment of fees.
- History of Health Department violations.
- Enhancement of overall product mix at the market without creating excessive supply of any one product as determined by the Market Manager and selection committee.
- Quality of products for sale by vendor as well as attractiveness and presentation of products/displays at vendor’s booth.
- We no longer accept new Home-Based Vendors (HBV); all new vendors must prepare their products in a commercial kitchen to better ensure the health and safety of our customers.